Location: Brooklyn, New York
Start Date: Immediately available
Job Type: Full-Time
Radiator Labs is a fast-growing Brooklyn-based startup and an award-winning leader in energy-efficiency and IOT.
We are looking for an experienced Director of Engineering/Head of Product. The position will report directly to the COO of the company, and will have oversight over a small but growing and diverse engineering team and product portfolio.
The candidate will direct an engineering team, as well as contribute individually, in the development of three distinct company products. Principally, the candidate will take a leadership role in the build-out of our big data services expanding our core product capabilities and services. Working in close conjunction with the founders and leadership, the candidate will play a significant role in the growth and development of Radiator Labs.
- Provide cohesive management and direction for a team of hardware, software, and network engineers
- Build and execute integrated plans to meet deadlines and achieve planned outcomes.
- Hire and manage a data scientist.
- Guide the data scientist in developing our data product to meet existing customer demand and anticipated future customer needs.
- Provide leadership and expertise in the development our data product incorporating the analysis of high-granularity and diverse buildings data.
- Grow and evolve our existing product catalog to meet market demand in terms of optimization for: cost, installation, reliability, and maintenance of hardware products.
- Develop and implement best practices for software and analytics products.
- Support product design transfer to manufacturing, including prototype development, development of assembly procedures, and generating test methods.
- Work with the founders and management on strategic planning and vision for product offerings.
- Work with the founders and COO to develop and institute processes for supply chain management and product procurement.
- Work with strategic partners on product integration and help direct the development roadmap.
- Serve as a thought leader with customers and strategic partners.
- Contribute to sales and investment conversations and strategy.
Background and Qualifications:
- Excited about both rolling up your sleeves to work collaboratively on a team, and leading that team to refine existing products and develop a new big data product.
- Comfortable working in a fast moving startup environment, navigating ambiguity, and solving problems that don’t necessarily have a clear solution.
- Self-directed, resourceful and proactive, as well as creative, curious and open to innovative ideas and approaches.
- Positive outlook, flexible, good sense of humor, and can-do attitude.
- Background in hardware and/or data product development and commercialization
- Background in software and firmware development and roll-out.
- Experience with wireless distributed systems, machine learning, data visualization and/or developing and commercializing enterprise software systems.
- Experience with databases
- Proficiency in C and a scripting language (bonus if you’re familiar with Elixir and/or Erlang).
- Familiarity with modern data infrastructure/newer forms of data (unstructured NoSQL data) and related tools.
- Ability and desire to engage with customers, get to the root understanding of their needs, and translate those needs clearly and articulately into the Product development process
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently.
- Ability to analyze and resolve challenges at both strategic and tactical levels.
- Strong project management, analytical, and quantitative skills. Able to create clarity and drive focus in complex and dynamic contexts.
- Highly organized, strategic thinker, demonstrated track record of managing teams and developing products.
- Care about solving big, systemic problems.
- Tackle complex issues with a sense of ownership, drive and urgency.
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- Able to overcome obstacles in order to drive projects to completion, on time, on schedule, and on budget.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com , including “Director of Engineering/Head of Product: [Your Full Name]” in the subject line.
The successful applicant will be selected based upon his or her qualifications for this position and without regard to the applicant’s race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital or partnership status, citizenship or alienage status, veteran status, whether children are, may be or would be residing with a person, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All inquiries about the position should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Compensation package includes:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with prior experience.
- Unlimited PTO/Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Flexible Spending and Commuter Tax Benefits
- Weekly Team Lunch